Goal: podium finish in the next Red Bull Youth America’s Cup
Team Tilt finished fourth at the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup in September 2013 in San Francisco, on the eve of the America’s Cup. The Swiss challenger will represent Switzerland at the next edition of the competition, in 2017.
Team manager Alex Schneiter and sports director Tanguy Cariou recruited young sailors that will be under 25-years-old in 2017. The goal was to put in place a solid team, training on Lake Geneva on the Decision 35 and in Europe on the GC32, before proudly representing Switzerland in Bermuda.
The first edition of the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup in September 2013 attracted some of the sport’s most talented under-25 sailors. Ten teams representing eight nations competed on board the wing-masted AC45 catamarans. Team Tilt finished just one point off the podium in fourth place after a very positive seventh and final race, which they won, beating some of the most successful sailors of their generation.
Red Bull Youth America’s Cup 2013 results
1. NZL Sailing Team with Emirates Team New Zealand (NZL) 2-RDG-7-3-1-1-4 – 57 points
2. Full Metal Jacket Racing (NZL) 7-1-4-6-6-3-5 – 45 points
3. ROFF/Cascais Sailing Team (POR) 3-6-1-8-8-5-2 – 44 points
4. Team Tilt (SUI) 8-5-2-2-9-7-1 – 43 points
5. American Youth Sailing Force (USA) 1-7-3-5-7-4-8 – 42 points
6. Swedish Youth Challenge (SWE) 6-2-9-1-4-6-10 – 39 points
7. Objective Australia (AUS) RDG-10-6-10-2-3 – 38 points
8. Next World Energy (FRA) 4-4-8-4-5-9-6 – 37 points
9. All In Racing (GER) 5-8-5-9-3-8-9 – 30 points
10. USA45 Racing (USA) 9-9-10-7-10-10-7 – 15 points
The team preparing the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup 2017